Forensic Psychology Services Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Lisa Long has provided expert witness testimony in over 300 cases.
Department Of Defense Contracts:
Doha, Qatar and the United Kingdom
Dr. Lisa Long specializes in a wide range of forensic evaluations and providing expert testimony. Her work with the Department of defense included fitness for duty evaluations as well as security clearance evaluations.
Central State Forensic Psychiatric Hospital:
Dr. Long was the lead forensic unit psychologist within a maximum security State Forensic Psychiatric Hospital. She Performed court-ordered pretrial forensic psychological evaluations of competency to stand trial and/or criminal responsibility in addition to the associated expert testimony across the State of Georgia.
Forensic assessments and evaluations we provide:
- Emotional Injury
- Fitness to Stand Trial
- Insanity Defense
- Fitness for Duty
- Immigration Hardship Waivers | I-601 and I-601A
- Citizenship | Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions
- Guilty But Mentally Ill
- Sentencing (Mitigation, Diminished Capacity, Volitional arm defense)
- Competency to Confess
- Sex Offender Evaluation
- Worker's Compensation
- Psychiatric Malpractice
- Sexual Harassment
- Workplace Violence
- Brain Injury
- Malingering Evaluation
- Wrongful Termination
- Testamentary Capacity
- Automatism and other Affirmative Defense
- Bail Evaluation
- Sex Predator Evaluation for Registration
- Release of Insanity Acquitee
- Competency of Witness to Testify
- Waiver to Adult Court
- Juvenile Placement
- Parental Fitness
- Termination of Parental Rights
Dr. Long offers consultation to lawyers, community partners, child advocacy centers, judicial staff members, psychologists and law enforcement agencies. Aside from the various forensic evaluations, Dr. Long can provide case assistance and consultation to the litigating attorney. Dr. Long has been qualified as an expert witness and served the court systems in South Carolina, Georgia, and Kentucky. While working for the Department of Defense, Dr. Long has worked on highly sensitive cases and recognizes the critical nature of confidentiality and privilege of information especially in forensic cases.
Attorney Consultation Services May Include
- Testimony for Forensic evaluations conducted (Forensic Psychological Evaluations, Forensic Child Custody Evaluations, Forensic Parent Fitness Evaluations, Forensic Substance-Related and Addictive Disorder Evaluations)
- Expert testimony regarding relevant research findings on various psychological concepts that are related to psychology, psychopathology, divorce, and the best interest of children
- A review of other mental health professionals’ evaluations and treatment
- Review the evaluations procedures performed by others and provide testimony regarding weaknesses in their evaluation, alternative conceptualizations, or address any issues with the procedural/ethical issues of the assessment. Issues with evaluations can include lack of cultural sensitivity in conceptualization, lack of culturally sensitive measures, outdated procedures, inaccurate interpretation of data, lack of consideration of alternative hypotheses, or issues with biases.
- Challenging other evaluators
- Ethical consultation to address the best needs of the client.
Please email me to schedule a consultation for your Forensic Psychological Service needs.